Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

91 232 eclipse floor storage not draining

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Jebones
Vessel Info: 1991 232 Eclipse open bow

91 232 eclipse floor storage not draining

Postby Jebones » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:21 am

New owner of a1991 232 Eclipse. I was washing out the floor storage compartment under the teak hatch and notice it is not draining. I pushed a rod down the hole and it is not clogged but water is not draining to the rear. The water level is just to the top of the drain hole. I also pushed a metal rod up the hole from the engine compartment up under the fuel tank about two feet and no luck.
I assume the passage is blocked just in front of the fuel tank or under it. Any suggestion?

Also, I assume the hose connection in this well if for a water bladder to supply the sink?

The boat is in good shape but I want to do some upgrades after the season. I want to remove the carpet and replace with removable snap in area rugs or some other waterproof material. Has anyone done this? How is the fiberglass under the rug finished?

Thanks in advance, I’ll be here often as I get to know the boat better and hope to contribte in the near future.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: 91 232 eclipse floor storage not draining

Postby CptBill » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:34 pm

If you put something like wire or a small snake type of thing in the hole can you see it in the engine compartment? Though I don't know much about that boat I will say that some of the older boats were said to be made to fish or ski if that's what you want to call it. You might want to start looking for a bilge pump or macerator pump somewhere after the drain or maybe put one of those scopes down in there and take a look
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Topic author
Jebones
Vessel Info: 1991 232 Eclipse open bow

Postby Jebones » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:06 am

I used a portable raw water pump and a small hose and pumped out about a gallon of water. It must be clogged under the gas tank but draining around the side. The pump pulled up a lot of crud. The space is only about 4-5 in deep to the hull. I'm considering cutting a 4-5 in access hole and installing a removable cover plate for future cleaning.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Postby CptBill » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:49 pm

Sounds like a good idea, there are never enough access point on older Wellcraft boats
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”