Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Engine Synchronizer module update, fixed

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
daveswellcraft
Vessel Info: 1988 Gran Sport 33
Lake Erie

Engine Synchronizer module update, fixed

Postby daveswellcraft » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:03 pm

I am looking for a teleflex gas engine synchronizer module part number 1508370P. It looks like it's getting to be a hard part to find.

Update.... I found a local electronics repair shop to fix it. I had to convince to guy to work on it and I told him that I had no problem with his $100 hourly rate, seeing how a new one is no longer available. He replaced 3 IC chips and calibrated the unit on the bench. It is now installed and working perfect. For the people who say to just use the tachs, From my Owners Manual "A synchronism indicator is a aid for adjusting the throttles so both engines are running at the exact same speed, the tachometers are not sensitive enough to do this."
Last edited by daveswellcraft on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: Engine Synchronizer module

Postby CptBill » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:57 pm

Unless your dead set on OEM parts most all synchro's' operate the same way using the tac signals. So if you can find something similar that fits in the hole it shoul work
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Postby Billm » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:18 pm

I bought a module from Overton’s in 2017. Maybe they have a few left.

cvce82
Vessel Info: 2000 Sportsman 210

Postby cvce82 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:26 am

Looking for the same part for a friend's searay. I have not seen anything in month's. I should have snapped it when I saw them last. If I see anything will let ya know. Good luck

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”