Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

290 Coastal Trailer Setup Info Needed

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
JBJeep
Vessel Info: 2006 290 Coastal w/ Twin 250 E-Tecs

290 Coastal Trailer Setup Info Needed

Postby JBJeep » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:05 am

I just picked up a 12K triple axle Load Rite trailer for my 290 Coastal. Does anyone know what the bunk width/spacing should be as well as the transom to center of rear axle measurement should be? My local Load Rite dealer (I bought the trailer used) closed up shop and the owners could tell you all the info to get the trailer setup darn near perfect.
I have also called around to about 10 other trailer dealers to see if they could let me know the dimensions and nobody knows. If this were an 18ft boat, i would have no problem guessing and adjusting at a local ramp, the 290 not so much.
If someone else has a 290 on a trailer and you could pull some dimensions off of it I would greatly appreciate it.

Pagerber
Vessel Info: Coastal 29 2005

Re: 290 Coastal Trailer Setup Info Needed

Postby Pagerber » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:04 am

Did you have any luck with this? I just bought a 12k venture trailer myself and still need to setup. Also does yours have a bow eye? Mine doesn’t but looks like in the front compartment it has a flat backing spot but the front is still a v.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”