Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Fish Box macerator pump

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
Coastal Dog
Vessel Info: 2006 Wellcraft 330 Coastal
twin Volvo Diesels

Fish Box macerator pump

Postby Coastal Dog » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:08 am

New to the WBO Forum. I have a 2006 Wellcraft 330 Coastal and the fish box macerator pump does not run.
Anyone know how it's wired or is there a switch somewhere I haven't found. The Wellcraft manual does not give much info on this.

Thanks

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: Fish Box macerator pump

Postby CptBill » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:24 pm

Welcome aboard, There is a switch on the dash somewhere probably by the live well switch or bilge pump switch
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Topic author
Coastal Dog
Vessel Info: 2006 Wellcraft 330 Coastal
twin Volvo Diesels

Postby Coastal Dog » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:04 pm

I will check that. Thanks

AlexPhilip
Vessel Info: booster

Postby AlexPhilip » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:53 am

I had a below deck "stink box" where I eventually got rid of the inline pump and ran a regular bilge pump in the bottom. Overall the setup was a disaster due to the design of the box and hatch itself but a regular bilge pump just mounted in the box did a better job aside from they leave a touch of water by the nature of those pumps.

Based on how bilge pumps work (a 360 degree screen) it took a lot to clog the thing and when it did you just snapped the pump apart and took the crud out, no tools, easy access since it just sat in the box.

Occasionally it's a good idea to dump some bleach in there and push it through the lines, keeps things from growing in them. And the bigger the better on the outlet similarly, more tolerance for clogging. I had weird grassy looking plant life that grew in the hoses at one point and clogged them.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”