Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

shore water for vacuflush head

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
ddodgen@comcast.net
Vessel Info: 2002 Wellcraft Martinique 3700

shore water for vacuflush head

Postby ddodgen@comcast.net » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:04 am

if i read correctly, the head flushes water from the inboard tank only. If i do not have any water stored it would seem that i cannot flush head. Is this correct or can i use the shore water connection to flush vacuflush head?

Seaweed88
Vessel Info: 88 St. Tropez 32

Re: shore water for vacuflush head

Postby Seaweed88 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:20 am

Mine is plumbed to use raw water for flushing it can be dangerous to have your toilet connected to fresh water system in case it were to backflow. If there is already a seacock or a ball valve through hull to draw water you can easily install one.

Topic author
ddodgen@comcast.net
Vessel Info: 2002 Wellcraft Martinique 3700

Postby ddodgen@comcast.net » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:42 am

thanks. did not think about using raw water. i will dig in and find out

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Postby CptBill » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:14 pm

Be careful with that, as long as your in clean fresh water that might work ok but in dirty or salt water your asking for trouble. The fresh water part of the vacuflush is a separate system, the waste side is it's own system and the can't intermix. I would think a Martinique would have a large enough fresh water system to handel that because my 270 Coastal sure does and so did my 330Laarson Cabrio
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”