Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

220 Sportsman Fish Box Pump - Fresh Water tank removal

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
Ckelly3080

220 Sportsman Fish Box Pump - Fresh Water tank removal

Postby Ckelly3080 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:40 pm

It appears that my fish box pump is no longer working on my 2004 Wellcraft 220 Sportsman. To get to the pump, i'm pretty sure I need to remove the fresh water tank. Anyone ever done that before? Can it fit out through the hatch in the floor? Any experience swapping out the macerator fish box pumps or suggestions on what new pump to go with?

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: 220 Sportsman Fish Box Pump - Fresh Water tank removal

Postby CptBill » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:48 pm

Are you talking about the fish box or live well? fish box has no fresh water pump just the mactator pump to pump out all the ugly stuff. Live well and wash down should or might be on the same pump' if the same pump then there's a "Y" valve that's either manual or electric
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Topic author
Ckelly3080

Re: 220 Sportsman Fish Box Pump - Fresh Water tank removal

Postby Ckelly3080 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:09 pm

The macerator pump on the fish box isnt working, but to get to the pump, i think I need to remove the fresh water tank. I cant get to it any other way. Livewell pump is still good. Freshwater pump was removed years ago, but the tank is still in place.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”