Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Gray water issue

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
LakeErieDrifter
Vessel Info: 32' 1988 Wellcraft St. Tropez
Twin Mercruiser 7.4's

Gray water issue

Postby LakeErieDrifter » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:53 am

I just purchased an 88 St. Tropez, I have few questions. Firstly, is there a gray water tank? If so where is it located? Second, I have been having an issue with water coming up through the shower drain. I have not been able to find a reason for this yet. Any help would be appreciated. I haven't been using any water other than to flush the toilet. It seems to happen when I take the boat out on the lake.

Lastly, my boat did not come with factory A/C. So I'm wondering what kind of solutions you all have come up with for installation?

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: Gray water issue

Postby CptBill » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:02 pm

!st, your boat should have a holding tank And I believe it should be back in the engine compartment(one of the St Tropez guys would know better. You can never tell what's been done to a used boat your holding tank could have been removed by a previous owner for some reason. 2nd the shower drain should use a shower sump with a float switch in it and it should have a check valve on the discharge side to keep water from flowing back in for any reason, but again I've seen people do strange things like let there shower drain into the bilge. A/C could be installed right where the factory one was, It's not all that hard a job
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Re: Gray water issue

Postby Billm » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:07 pm

Shower drain goes to a diaphragm pump in the engine compartment and discharges overboard. Probably broken and not sucking water out of shower. Grey water tank was not standard on boats of that era unless some local ordinance required it. Just dump some water in the sink and see if it goes right overboard.

The AC goes under the forward dinette seat. Next to central vac unit. So you will lose that storage area. You will need to install an underwater thru hull and sea strainer so the boat will have to come out of the water. You will have to add a second 30 amp shore power connection or upgrade to 50 amp. Can your marina power post accommodate this?

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”