Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1998 Wellcraft 3000 AC not cold 100% of time

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
bjt0307
Vessel Info: 1998 3000 Martinique

1998 Wellcraft 3000 AC not cold 100% of time

Postby bjt0307 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:52 am

I just purchased this boat a few months ago. The AC works great at times and other times it doesn't blow cold air. I noticed on other boats the water streaming out the side. My boat the water comes out but not with the force of other boats. I've read to make sure the sea cock is clean but I am not sure where that is. Any ideas on how to get cold air 100% of the time? Is there any maintenance that needs to be done?

Billo
Vessel Info: 1987 Wellcraft St Tropez

Re: 1998 Wellcraft 3000 AC not cold 100% of time

Postby Billo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:56 pm

bjt0307 wrote:Source of the post I just purchased this boat a few months ago. The AC works great at times and other times it doesn't blow cold air. I noticed on other boats the water streaming out the side. My boat the water comes out but not with the force of other boats. I've read to make sure the sea cock is clean but I am not sure where that is. Any ideas on how to get cold air 100% of the time? Is there any maintenance that needs to be done?

Your AC unit is cooled by sea water. I would trace the lower connection on your AC unit through to your sea cock which should be towards the stern somewhere. You should also have a sea strainer that is most likely partially clogged before the water travels from that to pump which then travels through the AC unit to cool it. When does the unit not blow cool? if your pump fails like mine did you will have no water discharging and your ac unit should go into a trouble code of too high of pressure and turn off condensor. Then fan will run but it will no longer produce cool air.

Jgale01
Vessel Info: 1998 Martinique 3000

Re: 1998 Wellcraft 3000 AC not cold 100% of time

Postby Jgale01 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:14 am

The seacock on my 98 Martinique is righ in front of the starboard engine. Make sure it's closed before you unscrew the cap to pull out the basket and clean it.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”