Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Dual Battery install on 95 19SX Excel

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
pjaec001
Vessel Info: 1995 Excel 19 SX Bowrider Inboard/Outboard 3.0L Mercruiser Alpha One Outdrive
Seawater use in Virginia Beach, VA
3rd Owner with unknown hours (estimated at 450h)

Dual Battery install on 95 19SX Excel

Postby pjaec001 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:43 am

I am Putting in a Dual Battery system and have a Question on the Negative battery cables for it.
Here is what I am Thinking of putting forward and am wondering if tis would raise any red flags for any reason?
Proposed Dual Battery Wire Diagram.png

Instead of piggy backing off the current battery's negative cable for the secondary battery, I will run its own negative cable to the Engine(Bell Housing) at a different closer location, then I Will also link them together with a Jumper cable effectively to increase the negative connections to the Engine(Bell Housing).

Additionally is there any need or benefit to Run a negative cable on the Engine (Bell Housing) to anywhere else on this boat like maybe to one or two of the Through hole bolts in the Transom Mount that are below water level?

Anyone see an issue with the positive wires to the tilt/trim?
I wanted it to work even if the battery selector is in the off position or if in position A and that battery is dead.

I already have all the Tinned Cable and Connecters I need, just want to ensure this plan isn't going to cause an unforeseen issue I may be over looking.

Any Electrical Guru's out there care to chime in?

Thanks in Advance
-Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Electrical”