Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

No power at 12-volt cabin panel main braker

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
Oscar
Vessel Info: Boat model: Coastal 290
Year: 2000
Motor: n. 2 outboard Yamaha 250 (year 2008)
Port: Alghero - Sardinia island (Italy)

No power at 12-volt cabin panel main braker

Postby Oscar » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:35 am

Hello to everybody who reads this post.
My boat is a Coastal 290 constructed in 2000.
This is my first post at all in a forum, so I have some difficulties. Furthermore, I have to write in english and this means more difficulties for me.
I apologize for this.
After winter season I started using my boat again and I have a new issue (all was ok in september): I do not have 12-volt power on the cable that comes to the main braker in the cabin panel.
I believe I have identified the departure of the cable at braker panel located in the stern bilge, nearby the battery switches. At this head of the cable I have 12-volt power.
It is so difficult to follow the cable path and, furthermore the schematics contained in the owner manual are blurry and not so easy to understand.
At page 31 of the manual I read that there are 3 DC fuse on the generator control panel (that I have still to find): is it possible that one of these fuses interrupts the power supply to cabin DC panel?
Is there someone that can help me on this topic?
Many thanks and best regards, Oscar.

Burgaman
Vessel Info: Coastal 290, 2002 with twin Yammy 225'sw

Re: No power at 12-volt cabin panel main braker

Postby Burgaman » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:34 am

HI Oscar, Craig here from Western Australia. I have a coastal 290 with the same issue and wondered if you ever worked out if there was a fuse issue. I can find a wiring diagram in the manuals or online.
Regards
Craig

Bt Doctur
Vessel Info: in between vessels

Postby Bt Doctur » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:05 pm

The one I take care of has the main breaker feed go directly to a battery

Topic author
Oscar
Vessel Info: Boat model: Coastal 290
Year: 2000
Motor: n. 2 outboard Yamaha 250 (year 2008)
Port: Alghero - Sardinia island (Italy)

Postby Oscar » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:25 am

Burgaman wrote:Source of the post HI Oscar, Craig here from Western Australia. I have a coastal 290 with the same issue and wondered if you ever worked out if there was a fuse issue. I can find a wiring diagram in the manuals or online.
Regards
Craig

Hi Craig, I apologize for so much delay in my answer (probably you do not need it any more).
I solved the problem.
This was due to a combination of two issues: the first was that I was testing the wrong braker in the stern bilge (this due to difficulties in understanding the schematics within the owner manual); the second was that the correct braker was apparently working correctly but it was phisically broken, so no 12V was going to the cabin panel.
Regards. Oscar

Return to “Electrical”