Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Wellcraft Coastal 290 cabin ceiling liner

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
jtdjr114

Wellcraft Coastal 290 cabin ceiling liner

Postby jtdjr114 » Thu May 05, 2022 3:45 pm

Good afternoon, I'm a new of a 2000 Wellcraft Coastal 290 owner and new to this site. Hope you all don't mind my first post being a question!

The bow navigation lights, 2 of the three ceiling lights and my head ceiling light are not working. I know it not the bulbs, as I replaced the old bulbs with new ones. I'd like to inspect the wiring to make sure there are no breaks or is no corrosion, but I don't know if it's possible to take part of the ceiling liner down. It looks like it might, but I thought I'd ask here before I created a bigger problem for myself. Can the portion of the ceiling liner that appears to be removable be taken down with the ability to be put back in place?

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Have a great weekend!

JTD
Irish Lore

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Re: Wellcraft Coastal 290 cabin ceiling liner

Postby Billm » Thu May 05, 2022 6:50 pm

It’s always corrosion. It’s never in the wiring. Don’t take down the ceiling. You need a 12v tester and sand paper. For the bow lights and head light, start by cleaning the fuse holders. I assume that they are glass fuses. Then use your tester to see if 12v is present at the fixtures. You may need to clean the lamp holders. If 1 out of 3 ceiling lights are working, it probably in lamp holders. If you see green corrosion in the ends of the wires between the fixtures and you have eliminated every other possibility, then yes, maybe the wires are bad. Again don’t take down the ceiling but use an electricians snake to pull a new wire through.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: Wellcraft Coastal 290 cabin ceiling liner

Postby CptBill » Fri May 06, 2022 3:12 pm

The headlinner is just glued to the fiberglass and is a real B#$@h to put pack, like Billmsaid switch, ground, connector corrosion
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Return to “Electrical”