Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Fuse layoit

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
mikeyb182002
Vessel Info: 1985 wellcraft St. Tropez 3200

Fuse layoit

Postby mikeyb182002 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:13 pm

I recently purchased a 1985 Wellcraft St. Tropez and under the steering there are fuses. Does anyone have a diagram of what fuses goes where?

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Re: Fuse layoit

Postby Billm » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:02 pm

I can help you with that. Now this info pertains to my 1987 boat; I am hoping yours is the same. There should be 4 fuse blocks. Two horizontal and two vertical. The horizontal ones come from each engine wiring harness. The port one from the starboard engine and visa versa. One vertical fuse block comes from the red battery switch. The other comes directly from the battery. This fuse block is useful for circuits that need to be always energized like automatic bilge pumps or burglar alarms.

Look at each horizontal fuse block and find the fuse that has a pink wire that goes to the ignition switch. They are very important. Make sure they are free of corrosion or the engine will not run.

When the boat was new, every fuse was labeled, but that is probably gone now. Post close up color pictures of each fuse block and I will try to identify them for you.

Return to “Electrical”