Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Genset install

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
jmarkuna
Vessel Info: Wellcraft 33 Coastal

Genset install

Postby jmarkuna » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi
Installing a Kohler generator. Wiring was in place when boat was purchased. The gas line to the
generator appears to be fed via a solenoid valve. Does any one know were this solenoid is controlled from
and what it''s purpose is ?
Thank You

Joethemaddog
Vessel Info: Wellcraft 21 Foot Cuddy Cabin with Inboard.

Re: Genset install

Postby Joethemaddog » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:35 am

Not to sure but in some cases the solenoid would be installed to shut off the gas flow if a problem occurs

Joethemaddog
Vessel Info: Wellcraft 21 Foot Cuddy Cabin with Inboard.

Postby Joethemaddog » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:48 am

I would like to install a small ge set on my boat as well, I was thinking maybe a propane powered unit as I intens to put on a propane powered trolling motor

Shore Leave
Vessel Info: 1997 3600 Martinique Twin Merc Bluewater 7.4's, ZF 630V's, Kohler 6.5CZ

Postby Shore Leave » Sun May 17, 2015 2:44 am

Hi.
I have a 3600 Martinique with a Kohler 6.5CZ genset. The solenoid valve is fed from the genset, I know because I had a fuse blow on the controller and the fuel solenoid deenrgized and shut down the genset. I've looked at the wiring diagram to find the point where the power comes from but it doesn't show it. You're going to have to trace the lines back to where they originate.

Hope this helps a bit. :usa:

Return to “Electrical”