Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reverse Polarity light when connected to shore power

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
DetectDave
Vessel Info: 2002 Wellcraft 225 aft cabin

Reverse Polarity light when connected to shore power

Postby DetectDave » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:43 am

Hey guys, I have a 1982 Wellcraft 255 Aft-Cabin that I just started having an issue with connecting to shore power. The reverse polarity light is on. I have tried a different slip with shore power as well as trying different shore cables from good known working boats and shore boxes. When the light is on I cannot even flip the breaker over- I can push it but it just returns back to the tripped location. I am thinking possible issue with the main breaker? The main breaker has what looks like 3 individual breakers together. Any help on what to check would be appreciated- I am more familiar with 12V systems so I didnt want to start probing without a diagram.

Thanks for any help!

coobah
Vessel Info: '82 Nova Spyder, '00 Excalibur SCS

Re: Reverse Polarity light when connected to shore power

Postby coobah » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:24 am

Have you tried to swap the wires in your shore power cable? (L/R)

Return to “Electrical”