Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Battery Installation- how do you determine starting vs. deep cycle for install

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
lfivenson
Vessel Info: 2001 Wellcraft Martinique 2600
5.7L Mercruiser 250, Bravo 3
Traverse City, Michigan

Battery Installation- how do you determine starting vs. deep cycle for install

Postby lfivenson » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:46 pm

I need to replace both my batteries on my 2001 Martinique 2600 so that I have a baseline (after both batteries crapped out last weekend). The previous owner had 2 of the same batteries so I have no idea which was the starting battery and which was the accessory battery. So when I removed the old ones and put in the new ones, how do I hook them up so that the starting battery goes to the starter/ignition and the 2nd battery goes to the right connection. It has the parallel connector between them but not sure how to get the right battery to the right wire....thanks for any advice!

goodday
Vessel Info: 1999 2600 Mart. 5.7 bravo3

Re: Battery Installation- how do you determine starting vs. deep cycle for install

Postby goodday » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:35 pm

Hook up the way they are, you should have a batt. selector switch on bulkhead in frt. of water heater, off ,1 , both, 2, select which one you want , if your on both as house batt. you will be running both dn., switch to 1 or 2 to run single batt., your choice, if your hooked to shore power, they will be on the charger if switched on at panel,or switch to both when running to alternator charge batteries. , if wired right everything should be off except auto bilge in the off position. Jim

goodday
Vessel Info: 1999 2600 Mart. 5.7 bravo3

Re: Battery Installation- how do you determine starting vs. deep cycle for install

Postby goodday » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:59 pm

The forward batt. is no.1 and rear is no.2 batt.

Return to “Electrical”