Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Electrical problem

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
Stanisv21
Vessel Info: 2004 Wellcraft v21 Cuddy
Evinrude 200

Electrical problem

Postby Stanisv21 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:16 pm

I recently noticed that accessories on my v21 Cuddy, such as my fish finder, started going dark, no power. I then noticed that some guages like my gas gauge went out.

With that I decided to check the batteries. They were fine. Up until that point the engine started fine. I disconnected the battery leads to check the batteries ( necessary due to lack of space to get my hands in there) and the batteries were just fine.

That's when I really screwed up and left off a ground wire when I reconnected the battery leads. Now the boat won't start. What have I killed through my Senility?

My boat and engine are 2004 models Wellcraft v21 with 2004 Evinrude 200.

Any tips/ ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Electrical”