Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Advice on Boat Purchase

List Wellcraft Boats for sale here. All listings are free for active form members! ALL ADS ARE FREE - USERS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 10 POSTS TO PLACE AN AD
Forum rules
All classified boat ads are free. Please be as specific as possible in describing your vessel. You can upload pictures too!

WellcraftBoatOwners.com and the owners of this forum take no responsibility for the authenticity of ads or legitimacy of items being sold. Buyers, please buy responsibly.

To place an ad start a new Topic. We reserve the right to delete ads from users with fewer than 10 posts.

Topic author
Rich3rdMorris
Vessel Info: 1994 Wellcraft 2600 Coastal

Advice on Boat Purchase

Postby Rich3rdMorris » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:23 am

Hoping to get some sound advice/directions on purchasing a boat via a Boat Broker. I’ve lined up the following:
Surveyor (pending his findings, I’ll make my decision) thus far everything appears to be right with the boat. Broker has supplied me with over 200 pictures and has done 3 FaceTime videos (1-sea trial, 2- walkthru, 3- engines & generator running)
I’ve also got a licensed and insured shipping company lined up. My question is how does the transaction work with the funds? I’m not going to be able to physically view the boat, so as a result I’m also not going to be able to be there to do the deal, so I’m at somewhat of a loss on exactly how this type of thing works. I know that it’s done all the time, just not sure about what exactly is needed. Maybe someone out there has done it before and would be kind enough to shed some light on it for me. Thanks!
Rich3rdMorris
1995 Wellcraft 2600 Coastal
1981 Mustang T-Top Coupe
Pearl River, La.

A1251
Vessel Info: 1993 Coastal 2600 F300

Re: Advice on Boat Purchase

Postby A1251 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Rich, I have experience in this area. Pm or email
me with your questions and concerns.

trode
Vessel Info: 2000 Wellcraft 240 Walkaround with200 Johnson

Postby trode » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:32 am

I've traveled NY to FL to see boats before I paid, used broker up to final transaction. No way you can go to boat?

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Postby CptBill » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:19 am

I'm not sure I could buy a boat without physically stepping on it, pictures and videos' can not give you the total picture of what your buying or the true space available or how the layout works for your needs. That's just my opinion, other than that it sounds like you've taken all the right step and if your dealing with a reputable broker they should be able to walk you through every thing else
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Return to “Wellcraft Boats For Sale”