Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

94 WC 238 CCF Fuel Tank Question

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author
Chuckarral
Vessel Info: 1994 WC 238 CCF

94 WC 238 CCF Fuel Tank Question

Postby Chuckarral » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:10 am

I am the new owner of an old but solid 94 - 238 CCF, and one of the 1st things I had to do was get the water out of the fuel tank in the floor. No gas at all just 135 gal of water. Back story from previous owner was unclear, but the previous owner had already switched to manual red tanks abandoning the fuel tank in the floor, and as you can imagine water in the fuel tank is never good. I am under the assumption it leaks, but I will move on to a pressure test and see what happens. As everyone knows about 15 yrs is the limit on a old alum tanks, so I got to take a hard look at getting the fuel tank out and replacing. I noticed on the 94 - 238 CCF there is no access from the top to remove the tank. Does anyone from WC have any idea in reference to what the plans was for getting the fuel tank out if you had a problem? I really did not want to cut the floor and create an additional problem for myself, so I wanted to reach out to the WC community and see if back in 94 there was a plan to get the fuel tank out? Please let me know if you have any information on this issue. Does anyone know if I remove the center console can the fuel tank be pulled forward from under the center console? (because the tank extends pretty far back under the floor behind the center console) If there was no plan to get the tank out w/o cutting the floor does that mean I would have to split the boat between the cap and base to gain access to the fuel tank? Any ideas, suggestions, or comments would be appreciated as valuable information to help make a decision about how to move forward.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: 94 WC 238 CCF Fuel Tank Question

Postby CptBill » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:57 pm

First I don't know if you have enough room, I've read on other sites that cutting the floor is the way it's done but if there's another way I say go for it.
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Fireman373
Vessel Info: 1994 238ccf

Re: 94 WC 238 CCF Fuel Tank Question

Postby Fireman373 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:01 pm

Just wondering how soft or spongy your floors feel. I'm looking at a 94 238 and the floors feel a bit soft.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”