Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

92 WC Eclipse197 Help

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author
Deezknotstoo
Vessel Info: 1992 wellcraft eclipse 197

92 WC Eclipse197 Help

Postby Deezknotstoo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:05 am

I purchased a 1992* eclipse 197 with the 4.3MC motor. The boat is almost in pristine condition. Does anyone know of anyone or know where I can get a few parts or any parts for this model? Needed: cuddly cabin door latches/strikes,steering wheel center cover, original Wellcraft hull stickers. Also I can’t find any literature on this exact model online. Anybody have the manual?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Re: 92 WC Eclipse197 Help

Postby Billm » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:31 pm

First thing you need are some fenders. And get rid of that polypropylene line. A 3/8” three strand nylon line from the hardware store is fine. Run the bow line under the bow rail. Back off a little on the bow line so you can pull the stern in. You also need a spring line to pull the boat back away from that rip rap.

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Postby Billm » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:39 pm

Oh, now I see the other picture you posted. You don’t have much to tie to on that dock. But definitely get rid of the polypropylene. It is very slippery and will not hold knots.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Postby CptBill » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:02 pm

!8 year old boat, Start your search on line and at marine salvage yards. Literature if you can find it will be just some general info. that covers more than one boat series
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Topic author
Deezknotstoo
Vessel Info: 1992 wellcraft eclipse 197

Postby Deezknotstoo » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:44 am

Thanks for the input everyone. I left the bumpers in the old boat we sold and awaiting new ones from ebay now. The line I will definitely get rid of for some better line to tie off with.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”