Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

How to read the HIN Number

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author
Joethemaddog
Vessel Info: Wellcraft 21 Foot Cuddy Cabin with Inboard.

How to read the HIN Number

Postby Joethemaddog » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 pm

I have a wellcraft 21 cuddy cabin with a hull number of wel 01 40gm75d-m21 which I have no idea of how to read this to determine what it actually is the engine is , I believe a ford maybe a 390 inboard with outdrive. Got any ideas on how to reAd those numbers reply to me joethemaddog

Topic author
Joethemaddog

Re: How to read the HIN Number

Postby Joethemaddog » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Have not heard from anyone on how to read what the numbers in the HIN stand for I figut
Red out some of them like the last I believe is for the length which is 21 ft but the others I am avert curious about :notworthy: :cry:

Topic author
Joethemaddog

Postby Joethemaddog » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:07 pm

I am very curious about how to understand the HIN numbers what do they mean how do I know what they actually mean :notworthy: :cry: :cry:

Chris
Vessel Info: '96 23 Excel WA. 200 HP Mercury Offshore XL with a re-manufactured powerhead (2013).

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:40 pm

Joe,

I Googled 'how to read hull identification numbers' and located a few sites that offer up plenty of information. Have a look at them.
http://www.hinsearchplus.com/hs_userguide.aspx
http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.htm

Chris
Mount Vernon, VA

Return to “General Boating Discussion”