Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

digital depth gauge

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author
WillieB
Vessel Info: 1997 Wellcraft 21sl

digital depth gauge

Postby WillieB » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:23 am

Recently bought a 1997 Wellcraft 21SL with a dash mounted digital depth gauge. It doesn't work. I suspect the problem is in the gauge, itself because it is discolored by what appears to be water damage. Does anyone know what brand Wellcraft used then. If not, is a substitute available which would not require replacing the transducer?

kwright66
Vessel Info: 1996 Wellcraft 238 Coastal, 225 hp Mercury Oceanrunner
Port of Registration - Santa Fe, Texas

Re: digital depth gauge

Postby kwright66 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:52 am

It shouldn't be a problem, most transducers have the same lower frequency, 200khz. You may have to figure the wires out if you have to cut them because of different plugs. But that's not hard either, there will either be 2 or 3 wires, and it should be self explanatory. I run a dash mount "Hawkeye" and a plotter "Lowrance". The plotter has dual a frequency transducer.
:cool: 1996 Wellcraft 238 Coastal, 225 hp Mercury Oceanrunner, Port of Registration - Santa Fe, Texas
1989 30 ft, Chris craft, Twin 350 Chevy's - Total - 300 hp, Port of Registration - Santa Fe, Texas
1990 Harley Custom Softail, "My Other Toy"

Return to “General Boating Discussion”