Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1996 238 coastal

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author
SeaSickToo
Vessel Info: 2000 Wellcraft walk around 22'

1996 238 coastal

Postby SeaSickToo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:53 am

It looks like Wellcraft only made the 238 coastal for one year. Does anyone know why?

kwright66
Vessel Info: 1996 Wellcraft 238 Coastal, 225 hp Mercury Oceanrunner
Port of Registration - Santa Fe, Texas

Re: 1996 238 coastal

Postby kwright66 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:08 am

I have the same boat and I think they made it a couple of years. I have read somewhere in the past why the number changes, but I can't remember where. I'm thinking that it had something to do with the length of the boat with the pulpit and swamp deck vs the length of the boat. Those boats have the engines set further out the back than some of the other models, that's why they have all of the bracing on the transom. I know that my 238 says 25.5 ft on the title. That's kind of what I remember anyway, Hope that helps or makes some sense to you.
:cool: 1996 Wellcraft 238 Coastal, 225 hp Mercury Oceanrunner, Port of Registration - Santa Fe, Texas
1989 30 ft, Chris craft, Twin 350 Chevy's - Total - 300 hp, Port of Registration - Santa Fe, Texas
1990 Harley Custom Softail, "My Other Toy"

Return to “General Boating Discussion”