Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

How to secure anchor chain to bow cleat

This is a place for general Wellcraft Boats discussions.

Topic author
jgunzblazin
Vessel Info: 2018 Wellcraft 222 Fisherman

How to secure anchor chain to bow cleat

Postby jgunzblazin » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:02 pm

Hello fellow Wellcraft owners. I have been suffering from dreaded anchoring problems since my anchor is only connected via anchor rope. Yesterday I added 5ft of anchor chain to my anchor which rests on the bow anchor roller of my 2018 Wellcraft 222 Fisherman. The problem I am having is securing the anchor so it stays put on the bow roller when I have pulled it up. This is because the chain barely fits under the cleat. Can someone shed some light onto how they have configured the chain at rest?

goodday
Vessel Info: 1999 2600 Mart. 5.7 bravo3

Re: How to secure anchor chain to bow cleat

Postby goodday » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Get a couple stainless or brass #2 hooks ,hook to your cleat and chain / anchor

kwright66
Vessel Info: 1996 Wellcraft 238 Coastal, 225 hp Mercury Oceanrunner
Port of Registration - Santa Fe, Texas

Re: How to secure anchor chain to bow cleat

Postby kwright66 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:17 am

If you look online they make a chain lock that is inexpensive. It lets the chain come in, but there is a slot where it will lock the chain and not let it go back out until you raise the little door on it.
:cool: 1996 Wellcraft 238 Coastal, 225 hp Mercury Oceanrunner, Port of Registration - Santa Fe, Texas
1989 30 ft, Chris craft, Twin 350 Chevy's - Total - 300 hp, Port of Registration - Santa Fe, Texas
1990 Harley Custom Softail, "My Other Toy"

Return to “Wellcraft Boats Forum”