Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Need Owner's Manual

This is a place for general Wellcraft Boats discussions.

Topic author
fishstick
Vessel Info: 1990 Wellcraft Monaco 3000

Need Owner's Manual

Postby fishstick » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:34 am

We bought my brother-in-law's 90 Monaco. He never took it out, only used in the slip and owned for only one year.
He doesn't know much about the boat, and we will be taking it out and using the generator. He didn't know which switches needed to be on/off for the gen use, nor was he able to answer much more about the boat. He only knew to plugin at the shore and enjoy. Our primary use will be out of the slip!!

I emailed Wellcraft asking for a manual for this model year, but they never replied. Does anyone have an electronic owner's manual for this year model so I can safely operate the boat? We've been boat owner's for 20+ years, but smaller ski boats, never a 30' boat.

Thanks,

Tanner.s1969
Vessel Info: 1991 Monaco 3000

Re: Need Owner's Manual

Postby Tanner.s1969 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:57 pm

I can’t be much help to you as far as documentation for your question. But if you can answer some for me I’ll make it up to you somehow.
As far as starting your generator I believe that as all pretty straight forward on most all boats. Make sure your shore power is all in the off position , then disconnect it.
Look in your engine compartment or by your genset and you will see a supply line for raw water. Make sure the valve is open and the strainer looks clear. There is normally a switch there on the generator as well as a choke on some models , if it’s hard to start. But there should be a starter toggle back at the panel. Fire it up , after it’s warmed up . Look and find the breaker ,there should be a a genset breaker or a 12v main breaker. I can send you pics of my panel in the Monaco and in my regal if you need to see what I’m talking about . On my regal I flip that breaker and my inverter then outlets and A/C.
If your brother never ran it though, check your hoses first.
The exhaust hose going to the muffler and then through the hull. Clean the strainer, check your hoses here also. Pull the thermostat out and make sure it’s operating and not stuck closed. And clear the cooling line coming from the pump to the base of the cylinder.
I have an Onan 3kw marine genset on my regal and that line got clogged over the off season last year.
When you get it fired up make sure you have water coming out the exhaust .
My question for you is, where the heck does the generator go? Where is it located.
I can’t find where it would fit in the engine compartment
I picked up a 1990 Monaco this summer. The gentleman passed away while in the middle of complete restoration of the boat.
I can find nothing on this information wise. It has new everything in it A/C fridge stove radios and two 0 hour crate GM motors that were just set in.
Looks like all the wiring is done for the most part and numbered. But it’s all blue lol.
I’m trying to get a sense of what it will cost me to finish this project but mostly the time.
Knowing the locations an routing of everything is going to be fairly critical. Doing things only to have to go back and reroute or remove and redo them could turn this into a lengthy project as well as double my cost.
I can come out way ahead if I part the boat out right now and let my kids turn it into a playhouse.
I bought the boat because I needed the trailer for my 28 ft regal. But my wife wants the larger cabin since the kids are bigger now.

Return to “Wellcraft Boats Forum”