Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2002 Wellcraft 24 Walkaround water in hull Help!

This is a place for general Wellcraft Boats discussions.

Topic author
ChrisG
Vessel Info: 2002 Wellcraft 24 Walkaround

2002 Wellcraft 24 Walkaround water in hull Help!

Postby ChrisG » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi all. I am the proud owner of one of these fine boats and pretty new to boating but I have an issue. I recently purchased and I realized the boat is tilted to the starboard side. I looked down below the battery and measured 8" of water! I took the rod holder down and could feel water back there too....this is all starboard side where fish box is not draining as well. Water must've been accumulating awhile since the outside stern starboard corner has a bay water stain yet port side does not. Survey done a number of weeks prior to me showed no hull water intrusion. I tested and it is fresh water not our normal bay water.
Question is, how does this water get removed from the boat?? The bilge pump works but why isn't all that water draining to the back?? I stuck a 2' long toilet snake in the drain that leads to the bilge and still none of that water released. If you can offer any help/suggestions, please let me know. Thanks! Chris

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: 2002 Wellcraft 24 Walkaround water in hull Help!

Postby CptBill » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:05 am

Fish box uses a macerator to drain, there should be a switch that says fish bow and that turns the pump on. Now locating and or replacing the pump could be a challenge seeing as back in those days they didn't really seam to care weather or not you might have to get to something, Good Luck
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Return to “Wellcraft Boats Forum”