Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

HIN and Capacity Plate

This is a place for general Wellcraft Boats discussions.

Topic author
mustang86vert
Vessel Info: 1975 Wellcraft 16 foot center console with 115 johnson outboard

HIN and Capacity Plate

Postby mustang86vert » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:59 pm

I have a 1975 Wellcraft 16 foot center console serial #WEL05544M75G. Can anyone give me the specifics to my boat and how do i get a HIN plate and a gross capacity plate. I tried Wellcraft But they can not help. Any Information is greatly appreciated.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: HIN and Capacity Plate

Postby CptBill » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:19 pm

As far as I know the HIN and the gross capacity plate are not going to be available, that said if you have the HIN(and you do WEL05544M75G)you can etch it into the hull(or have someone do it) just above the rub rail on the starboard aft corner . If there is no room there then just below the rub rail but above the water line. You could also make a plate to install out of aluminum or stainless. as far as the capacity plate you might get lucky and find one at a salvage yard but it would not have your HIN on it. Is there a specific reason you need these? The HIN plate on the rear of my 330 Larson fell off years ago and I have never bothered to do anything about it but there is also an tag in the engine compartment on the transom and my owners card and title have that # on them. You also might try looking in some of the hidden spots on the boat like inside the console or under the decks in the stern maybe you'll find the # there as well
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Topic author
mustang86vert
Vessel Info: 1975 Wellcraft 16 foot center console with 115 johnson outboard

Postby mustang86vert » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:19 pm

can anyone help with what goes on the capacity plate. Number of people, max weight, max horsepower, model. I believe it is a 1975 V17 fisherman.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Postby CptBill » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:55 pm

Maybe someone out there has one and can give you that info, or maybe you can find one one line. The real problem with Well Craft is there on there 3rd owner, when they went out of business in 2007 the new owner purchased the rights to use the name only and everything else was lost so for anything pre 2008
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

04FXdwgi
Vessel Info: None yet.
Looking to purchase a 252 Coastal with twin Yamaha 150 Salt OX66's

Postby 04FXdwgi » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:51 am

Boat replacement capacity plates are available online. Just Google the "replacement boat capacity plate" and quite a few links pop up

Return to “Wellcraft Boats Forum”