Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1996 Scarab Sporster 26 max HP rating

This is a place for general Wellcraft Boats discussions.

Escal
Vessel Info: Scarab Sportster 1992

Re: 1996 Scarab Sporster 26 max HP rating

Postby Escal » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:57 am

The outboard pod (vs bracket, no floatation,mounted in same location) would be the unit bolted to our transoms that the outboards are mounted on vs directly onto a transom with splashwell. It frees up a lot of space in the rear of the boat not having a splashwell.
IMG_0776.png

AW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Escal
Vessel Info: Scarab Sportster 1992

Re: 1996 Scarab Sporster 26 max HP rating

Postby Escal » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:00 am

Here's a picture of my outboard pod.
I removed the stock 1992 version which was overbuilt, too heavy and totally water logged due to the design of the outboard cable hose entry point.
I haven't used Coosa but plan to in the future on another boat or maybe good ol' marine ply soaked in resin if Coosa pricing is ridiculous! It's lasted for decades anyway.
[img]
Screenshot_20230713-172316.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Wellcraft Boats Forum”