Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

st Tropez forum

This is a place for general Wellcraft Boats discussions.

pclinton

Re: st Tropez forum

Postby pclinton » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:04 pm

I have a 1987 St Tropez. Does anyone know what make of electric head was originally installed.

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Postby Billm » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:17 pm

It is that tiny little round Jabsco electric head which still being sold. But, if you are thinking of upgrading to one of those fancy expensive designer electric heads, you have two problems. Most of them draw much more electric current, so you will have to upgrade the wiring. The second problem that is that some of them have inlet and outlet hoses in a different location and relocating those stiff sanitation hoses on the St. Tropez is not easy.

So here’s what I think you should do. Get the Jabsco head, but get the elongated bowl model which is also a little higher. Except for the bowl, it is no different than the one that came with the boat. Make a pedestal out of starboard which will give you even more height. You will be very happy with the result.

Romeguy1
Vessel Info: 1985 Wellcraft St Tropez

Postby Romeguy1 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:16 am

Late this season I purchased my first "modern" boat: 1985 St Tropez. Looking forward to getting to know her more. Am hoping you all will be kind enough to help with some questions- the first one being - the boat has (like I assume they all do) two 30-amp shore power inlets. All of my stuff seems to work on just one inlet- a/c, interior lights, water heater, water pressure, and toilet- except the fridge which always seems to run off the dc side (and the inverter keeps the batteries charged up). What can i expect after i plug in the second shore power? How does everything move from one circuit to two?

- My old cabin cruiser was a 1947 that was pretty "minimalist" in a number of ways, including the fact that shore power was basically a long extension cord.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Billm

Postby Billm » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:03 pm

I think there are 2 30 amp circuits that are independent unless 60 amp generator is running which can feed them both. I don’t think it will allow you to run both circuits off one cord as that could easily exceed 30 amps especially with AC. Toilet and water pressure should only run off 12v side. Interior lights can run off either. Pull one of the covers and see if there two bulbs in each fixture. I think you are safe in only plugging in second circuit and see what is live. Every thing should be labeled at the panels.

I only have single 30 amp cord and no AC so I must make sure that heavy current draw items like stove, microwave, hot water heater, etc. are not all running at same time. Look at the ammeters as you turn each item on or off.

Romeguy1

Postby Romeguy1 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:02 am

Thanks Bill! You're right the toilet & water pressure are all 12v. In the spring I'll have to plug in each side indepenently and see what goes live. great idea about watching the ammeters at the panel to see what's what.

uli057
Vessel Info: i want buy a Wellcraft 33 Saint Tropez...

Postby uli057 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:39 am

Hi all.
i am new here and from Germany.
I can buy a Wellcraft Saint Tropez 33 Feet Built at 1992.
Has two 250HP Mercruiser Diesel Engine and Shaft Prop on Board.

At this moment i am confused with the Backboard mounted warderobe beside the down steps to the cabin. (outside) :-O

Has anyone a Picture or Bruchuere for me where i can see the Deckoutside in Original?
The Outside where Steering and controls, and seats are mounted.
Inside all on right place.

Many thx :-)
Regards Ulrich

Billm

Postby Billm » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:01 am

Mercruiser are petrol engines, not Diesel engines.

Two versions of St. Tropez, stylized and classic. Different outsides. Many used St. Tropez for sale here in states. Use Google to find them. They will show many pictures of inside and outside to help you.

Romeguy1

Postby Romeguy1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:46 am

Going through some paperwork that came with my boat, came across this articel from 1999.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Romeguy1

Postby Romeguy1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:49 am

And also a 1985 Sales Brochure.

Sjmjjk
Vessel Info: 33 ft St. Tropez, twin screw Merc 454’s

Postby Sjmjjk » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi. I own a 1990 St. Tropez 3300 with V drive Merc. 454 engines. Love the boat, but ran over a log and damaged my propeller and propeller shaft strut. Trying to match up parts has been a real challenge for this boat. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Also, my panel light for the engine sync won't light up. Tough at night obviously. Can't find the right fitting bulb holder for that one. Just looking for somebody that may point me in the right direction for my boat repairs.

thank
Shawn

Return to “Wellcraft Boats Forum”