Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

st Tropez forum

This is a place for general Wellcraft Boats discussions.

Seaweed88
Vessel Info: 88 St. Tropez 32

Re: st Tropez forum

Postby Seaweed88 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:18 am

I sealed the limber holes with epoxy, if you tap with small hammer you can check for delamination and rot. Mine had port outboard stringer rot, had it cut out and replaced with composite wood (not cheap). If the stringers are solid around engine and transmission mounts you can probably run it that way but if its there it will cause prop shaft misalignment and you could damage vdrives which are stupid expensive. Mine has the stress cracks below waterline also, these boats have minimal bulkheads by design so they flex a lot, fiberglass flexes but gelcoat doesn’t so you see superficial cracking. Paint bottom and forget about it. I invested in repairing mine properly because we love her, awesome boat for the size! Good luck James

skykid77
Vessel Info: 1988 32' Wellcraft St. Tropez

Postby skykid77 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:45 pm

1988 3200 St. Tropez here. Great lakes boat for fishing and scuba diving. Love the width for the size. Been a great boat for me. Stringers were done about 8 years ago with Dryboat (fortunately before I bought it). Great weekend boat for my wife and I.

For the switch next to the stairs, mine was for a light that is a "step light" net to the stairs. Side note, if you happen to drop the wiring when going to replace that light with an LED instead of just replacing the bulb, just saying, that wire will fall behind the fridge and you will have to remove that to finish the job. That sucked to change a light bulb.

If anyone has manuals, wiring schematics, would love them.

One more request, anyone happen to know the correct size for the side portholes? Looking to replace mine and not having any luck on figuring out what the correct size is to order.

AquasitionBoston
Vessel Info: 1988 Wellcraft St. Tropez 3200
Twin Mercruiser 454 340HP, raw water cooled
Heat & AC
No Generator
No Windlass (YET!)

Postby AquasitionBoston » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:29 pm

Romeguy1 wrote:Source of the post And also a 1985 Sales Brochure.

This is awesome! Any chance you can post high quality scans of the entire brochure?

AquasitionBoston
Heat & AC
No Generator
No Windlass (YET!)

Postby AquasitionBoston » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:35 pm

Romeguy1 wrote:Source of the post Going through some paperwork that came with my boat, came across this articel from 1999.

Thanks, this is great - I had a copy of it but couldn't find it anywhere, thanks for posting it! Any chance you still have to and can take a clean high res photo without the shadow? I'm selling mine and want to include this with it!

Thank you!

AquasitionBoston
Heat & AC
No Generator
No Windlass (YET!)

Postby AquasitionBoston » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:37 pm

Anyone looking for a 1988 Wellcraft St. Tropez with 454 7.4l Mercruisers? Ours is for sale as we just had our offer accepted on our next boat! Boston area. Reasonable offers considered. It's also on FB Marketplace and Craigslist. It's the one with the most details in the listing... ;)

Russell
Vessel Info: 1987 Wellcraft St Tropez 3200.
twin 350 Mercruiser w/ velvet drive

Postby Russell » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:46 am

Just purchased a 1987 St. Tropez 3200 with the twin 350 mercruisers. A bit dismayed by the lack of information on what appears to be a very popular model. I'm new to th cruiser world ( last boat was an old MFG bowrider 30 years ago) so I'm basicly starting as a total landlubber LOL.
Google pretty much hits a brick wall searching old St Tropez. :banghead: Still looking forward to spring launch on the mighty Hudson.

Russell
Vessel Info: 1987 Wellcraft St Tropez 3200.
twin 350 Mercruiser w/ velvet drive

Postby Russell » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:02 pm

well this is a start. hope this helps others.
should be able to find other years, at this site as well
https://www.wellcraft.com/uploads/2016/ ... opez87.jpg

cosmic17
Vessel Info: 1992 Wellcraft 3200 St Tropez

Postby cosmic17 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:59 pm

Hi, I'm Cosmic17. I too have 1992 St Tropez and love it. However, I just spent crazy money on repairs and upgrades. I had to replace both shafts, repair both props and replace the portside rudder and assembly. I am in the process of tuning up both engines, oil change and replacing the portside carburator. I also installed all new Garmin GPSMAP 1243XSV, GMR Fantom 18X Radar and B175M Bronze 20 Degree Thru-Hull Transducer. Somebody please tell me I'm nuts!! I have no plans of parting with that boat, so I'm all in. I have a question though; There was a device attached to the firewall with two wires to the battery and the other two going towards the starboard side. That device cought on fire when water from the portside shaft sprayed on it. To make a long story short, the repair shop lost that burnt part and was never able to replace it. They dont know what it's for and I certainly don't. So the question is: Does anyone with a 1990 to 1992 St Tropez or maybe older know what that device is and what it's for. I tried tracing the wire, but to no avail. The devive is about 2 to 2 1/2 inches square plastic looking pinned on the firewall and attached to the battery. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance..

Return to “Wellcraft Boats Forum”