Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1998 24' Wellcraft Coastal

This is a place for general Wellcraft Boats discussions.

Topic author
Don2015
Vessel Info: Wellcraft Coastal 24

1998 24' Wellcraft Coastal

Postby Don2015 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:28 am

Hi All,
Need some hull information if possible. Since buying the boat a couple years ago I noticed the bow always sits heavy. The engineer did a full boat inspection and did not find any major issues with the boat just stuff he recommended to make better.

The boat is in the water all summer from June to October then on a trailer with shrink wrap the rest of the time.
Last week we spun a hub on the prop. As we traveled in to the dock noticed the bow real heavy. Looked in the cabin at the dock had 5-6 inches of water in it. I then found out my bilge pump had issues (murphy's Law) and was not working on automatic or manual. We fixed that problem but I am concerned about the water in the bow? And how and why it went forward.

So I need a few answers and hope someone here can point me in the right direction.
1. The bow is completely sealed. Does anyone know if the bow is filled with foam? And if so is it a water proof foam or will it retain water?
2.The hull appeared to be in good condition when I purchased the boat. Before painting the bottom I always inspect and have found no issues. I only have 1 thru hull fitting for the wash down and bait well. That area is completely dry. There are a couple of transom mounts for the fish finders. Anyone have any ideas what to check and how to do it?

If anyone can recommend a reputable boat (hull) mechanic please let me know.

Thanks for any information

Don

Return to “Wellcraft Boats Forum”