Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New to boating and Wellcraft

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
Chank
Vessel Info: 1988 Monte Carlo 2800, single engine 7.4 ltr 454, 330 HP
Malletts Bay, Vermont

New to boating and Wellcraft

Postby Chank » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:55 am

Hi everyone! We are the proud owners of a new to us 1988 Wellcraft Monte Carlo, which was lovingly owned and cared for by the previous owners for 30 years and kept at the same marina since about 1994. We just sealed the deal on this incredible boat Sept 10th and will have it on the water as late into October as mother nature (and the marina :-D ) permit us.

We purchased a 1988 Glasstream Regatta 192 earlier in the summer and my family absolutely fell in love with boating. I caught the boat bug on my friends J30 sailboat a couple years ago and with covid eliminating our annual trip to coastal Maine as well as the kid's summer camps, I was able to convince the family that we should buy a boat....now I own two :lol:

We were using the runabout on smaller lakes and reservoirs here in Vermont and those bodies of water were getting small quickly. Then we started expanding our use onto Malletts Bay, which was fantastic. We began to realize that the wind and wave action could and did preclude us from being on Malletts on otherwise bluebird sunny days, so we toyed with the idea of sizing up. We also liked the idea of staying on the boat for overnight trips or even just hanging at the marina on the dock.

Well, size up indeed. This 28 foot boat is a far cry from our 19 ft runabout and I have A LOT of learning to do. Glad I found this forum and all the info contained within.

goodday
Vessel Info: 1999 2600 Mart. 5.7 bravo3

Re: New to boating and Wellcraft

Postby goodday » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:31 pm

Nothing like day tripping and overnight stays in a diff port

LMK
Vessel Info: 2003 270 Coastal
Twin 225 Yamaha

Re: New to boating and Wellcraft

Postby LMK » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:30 am

Welcome!! Sounds like some fun!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”