Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New Member with 95 Excel 19 SX

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
pjaec001
Vessel Info: 1995 Excel 19 SX Bowrider Inboard/Outboard 3.0L Mercruiser Alpha One Outdrive
Seawater use in Virginia Beach, VA
3rd Owner with unknown hours (estimated at 450h)

New Member with 95 Excel 19 SX

Postby pjaec001 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:27 am

Hey Wellcraft Owners,

I've been a long time bayliner owner, but recently retired that ol 86 17.5' Capri Bowrider with my now 1995 Excel 19 SX Bowrider Inboard/Outboard 3.0L Mercruiser Alpha One Outdrive, Seawater use in Virginia Beach, VA. 3rd Owner with unknown hours (estimated at 450h).

My Job list so far is:
Re-Name the Boat (its now called the "Current Obsession" and I am not a fan of it lol)
New Prop (had a spun stock prop that I changed out to a much larger Quicksilver Mirage SS Prop 48 13704 A41 23P)
New Audio (replacing the AM/FM cassette deck with a 320W Marine Pyle Unit and 4 new 80w RMS Marine Speakers)
Waketower (has nothing on it now and either going to fab one myself or get a kit like Monster Tower or something similar)
Fuel Gauge (Currently doesn't read so either re-wire it or replace the sending unit)
Tachometer Gauge (Just need to re-run the wire from the Distributer to the Dash)
Re-Wire Main Components (Seems to have corroded wires from salt environment so will be Installing a Dual Battery Switch, New cables to battery, starter, alternator, tilt/trim all with new groundings)
Title/Register Boat and Trailer (have Title from original owner on both, but only Bill of Sale from 2nd owner)
Figure out how to make a Signature line here

Should be Fun!!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”