Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New to the blog

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
Waterfly
Vessel Info: Wellcraft 252 Fisherman 2013 with 2 Yamaha 150 HP

New to the blog

Postby Waterfly » Wed May 22, 2019 7:05 pm

Hi everyone. I am the proud owner of a new to me 2013 Wellcraft fisherman 252. I found this blog while I was searching the net for help.
I purchased the boat in Florida and sent it to Houston. As a typical male, I did not ask questions; and now I do not understand the electrical battery swithches and the dealer is no longer interested in helping me.
The boat came with 3 batteries, 2 engines and 2 battery switches. The first one is just on and off. The second is Off, 1, 1+2 and 2. I do not understand how it works. I know that normal is to operate the boat normally in 1 or 2 and if the batteries are low or the engines have difficulties in starting, use 1+2. I do not know the function of the fist on/off switch and how the third battery is connected. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

I also have a couple of questions as the boat seems odd. One is the bilge compartiment. It is large and have plenty of space; but the access behind the rear seat is not large enough to get inside; and since the compartment is too large, I cannot reach all the components from the outside. How do you work in there. Do you need to find a small person to get in the bilge?

The other area is the battery compartment inside the center console. It is located below the front seat so you do not get to see the connections as the batteries are below the seat. Do you have to get the batteries out to charge them or does the panel where the battery switch are? Again, any info on the subject will be greatly appreciated.
In a year I will know everything on the boat; but know I am totally ignorant.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”