Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Newbie. Hi!

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
Speedratser
Vessel Info: 1971 wellcraft airslot, 17'?

Newbie. Hi!

Postby Speedratser » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:41 am

Hey all. I've wanted a boat since I was a Kid. I'm 45 now, with a family, one graduated HS this past weekend and a Freshman finishing up. My wife gave me the green light on a Boat, (Once I emptied out the back yard), for a FREE boat and trailer I found on 'Letgo' I just got it pulled in my back yard and the previous owner told me it's a 1971 Wellcraft. With some research I'm finding out the model is an Airslot. Not sure of much else. I believe it's a 17-18 foot. The trailer is in good shape, but needs the wiring redone as the lights don't work.
The floor is dead, so I'm about to start a project with NO experience. I'm just watching a LOT of youtube vids to figure out what I might be in for.
ANY and ALL suggestions and advice would be appreciated! I just pulled up the carpet, and now I'm not sure where to go from there. Hoping to get some cardboard this weekend to map the floor to have a pattern to cut the plywood when I get that far.
Again. If anyone has any suggestions or advice, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm in NH if anyone is local, and can meet up for some tips or checking things out. :)
Thanks in advance!
Al

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: Newbie. Hi!

Postby CptBill » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:33 am

Welcome, good luck with your project, Airslot are a real classic please post some pics as you go :up:
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Topic author
Speedratser
Vessel Info: 1971 wellcraft airslot, 17'?

Postby Speedratser » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:38 pm

I will. Thanks! Any idea where I might get my hands on a copy of schematics or hull plans or anything that will give me an idea of what i'm getting into in tearing up the floor?

CptBill
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck

Postby CptBill » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:18 pm

Keep searching the web, that's all I can tell you getting responses here is tuff, maybe an antique boat website
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Bills2400
Vessel Info: 2000, Martenique, 2400

Postby Bills2400 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:51 pm

Just joined this forum and have a 2000, Wellcraft Martenique 2400... trying to address some moisture in the cabin, any suggestions on where to post questions ?
Thanks
Bill

CptBill
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck

Postby CptBill » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:58 pm

I would say general repair and mantenance