Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Newbie with a 1986 American 192

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
AeroNautical
Vessel Info: 1986 American 192
Mercruiser 3.7lL i4
Mercruiser outdrive (old model...)

Newbie with a 1986 American 192

Postby AeroNautical » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:54 am

Hello All,
I'm new to boating and just picked up a 1986 American 192 that I'm trying to bring back to life. It was well maintained throughout its life and even had a new interior put in a few years back. Until a few years ago when the owner gifted it to a family member who then let it sit outside, uncovered and never used.
I was hoping to get some help with the resurrection and was looking for information. Specifically the capacity plate limits because mine is severely faded and a wiring diagram. All of my electrical components work and it appears most of the gauges do except the fuel gauge. When I lifted the panel in the floor I found a red wire that was not connected to anything and was wondering where it went.
Sorry for all the info up front and feel free to transfer my post to the appropriate forum for the needed information.

Cheers!
AeroNautical
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WBO Admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie with a 1986 American 192

Postby WBO Admin » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:58 am

Until you find the capacity try this equation. Should get you close.

Boat Length (ft) x Maximum Width (ft) / by 15 = Passenger Capacity

Topic author
AeroNautical
Vessel Info: 1986 American 192
Mercruiser 3.7lL i4
Mercruiser outdrive (old model...)

Re: Newbie with a 1986 American 192

Postby AeroNautical » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:41 am

Thank you. I'm familiar with that equation from the boaters safety course I took. It comes out to 9 people (technically 9.5 but that would be hard to get away with) and 9 just seems like a lot for this boat.
Update on the electrical, I was able to get most of my electrical issues figured out by reading other forums and watching YouTube videos.

Thanks.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”