Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Hello can anyone tell me how I find the shower sump pump on my 87 wellcraft st tropez 3200

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
Johnnyandmary
Vessel Info: 1987 wellcraft st tropez 3200

Hello can anyone tell me how I find the shower sump pump on my 87 wellcraft st tropez 3200

Postby Johnnyandmary » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:12 pm

Having trouble getting maceator pump and flushing toilet and finding the shower sump pump can anyone help??

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250

Re: Hello can anyone tell me how I find the shower sump pump on my 87 wellcraft st tropez 3200

Postby CptBill » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:13 pm

West Marine, Hodges Marine, Wholesale Marine, or any other marine store out there. Trouble is you will probably need to adapt it to your head, you won't find OE parts unless you can find used ones at a marine salvage yard 32 year old boat parts very rarely found
The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun!

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Re: Hello can anyone tell me how I find the shower sump pump on my 87 wellcraft st tropez 3200

Postby Billm » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:44 pm

They are mostly Jabsco pumps. They haven’t changed, still being made and will bolt right in. The macerator is Jabsco so use that as the sanitary hoses are the hardest to move around. If you want to change the y-valve, that is Forespar still the same with just a different looking handle, will bolt right in. I replaced the fresh water pump a few years ago with a different brand and found it to be much quieter. Very easy to install as it came with quick change connectors. Don’t know about the shower sump pump, it is diaphragm and the new ones look exactly the same. Your boat came with a small electric Jabsco head. There are rebuild kits available, but the last time I used it, there was a leak that I couldn’t stop. So I gave up and bought a new head. Don’t waste your money on one of those expensive heads. Some have inlets and outlets and are plumbed from a different direction and on the St. Tropez are almost impossible to relocate. Some draw more current and you will have to upgrade the wiring. Get the same Jabsco head but get the elongated bowl. I also raised mine up a little higher by making a pedestal out of starboard.
Do some comparison shopping on the internet. I can probably give you model numbers for the various components. If you want to change all the sanitation hoses, I can tell you how to do that without pulling an engine.

Topic author
Johnnyandmary
Vessel Info: 1987 wellcraft st tropez 3200

Postby Johnnyandmary » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:23 pm

Thank you that will be very helpful. Also does the shower go into the holding tank?

CptBill

Postby CptBill » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:55 pm

No, it should go into the shower sump and at a certain level get pumped overboard

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Postby Billm » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:34 pm

No, the shower pump is located on the same bulkhead as the other pumps, just under the y-valve. It is a direct connection to the shower drain. It pumps across the to other side of the boat from the shower side and exits to a through hull above the water line. Mine was too rusty to get a model number, but the Jabsco 37202 or Plastimo 10398 look to be the same. Make sure to get a diaphragm pump as they are ok to run dry so you just leave it running while the shower is in use.

For a macerator pump, you want the Jabsco 18590 and the head is a Jabsco 37010. But, if you get a new head, get the household bowl version. I also replaced my fresh water pump. I think it was a Flowjet 4405. The boat does not have an accumulator tank, and that Flowjet does not need one, making it much quieter in operation.

As an over 30 year owner of an 87 St. Tropez, I can help you with just about anything on that boat.

CptBill

Postby CptBill » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Billm that's great information, thanks' leave it to the old Wellcraft to do something different than the rest of the free world. So they treat there shower drains on st tropez like the fish boxes on the coastal, leave it to wellcraft

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”