Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Fishbox Drain problem

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
5'oclocksomewhere
Vessel Info: 1985 Wellcraft 250 Sportsman

Fishbox Drain problem

Postby 5'oclocksomewhere » Sat May 16, 2020 10:17 am

New to the site and a new Wellcraft owner as well. We recently purchased a 1985 250 Sportsman. There is a large fishbox in the step-up to the helm and we're having trouble getting it to drain. Did this boat come with a macerator pump possibly that I have not found or is the drain just clogged? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: Fishbox Drain problem

Postby CptBill » Sat May 16, 2020 2:27 pm

That's right, fish box has a macerator pump for drainage(so it can chew up ice, fish scale and parts) And it should be fairly close to the fish box. Then again Wellcraft didn't seem to have all that many standard practices. on my costal I have 2 fish boxes that drain into one macerator which is located about a 16" aft of the port box in the stern
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

trophy98
Vessel Info: 2000 wellcraft 22 walkaround with 175 evinrude fich & 15 Evinrude kicker

Re: Fishbox Drain problem

Postby trophy98 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:21 pm

FIND THE PUMP BY FIRST CHECKING FUSE PANEL. IF ITS BLOWN THE MACERATOR PUMP MY BE PLUGED. RECENTLY, I HAD THIS PROBLEM, AND FOUND A ZIPTIE AROUMD THE MACERATOR BLADES ALONG WITH SEVERAL YARDS OF BRAIDED FISNING LINE. TO FIND PUMP LOOK ON OUTSIDE OF BOAT FOR DISCHARGE HOLES, TRACE THEM TO SOURCE BILGE, FISH WELLS ETC. AND YOU DONT HAVE TO PULL PUMP FROM BOAT JUST TAKE END PLATE OF MACERATOR PUMP AND INSPECT. HOPE SOME OF THIS HELPED. WELLCRAFT 22 WALKAROUND 2000 OWNER.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”