Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New Member 2002 WalkAround HELP!!!

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
Cewoz
Vessel Info: WellCraft 2002 Walkaround

New Member 2002 WalkAround HELP!!!

Postby Cewoz » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:49 pm

New to this site i sold my 248 Sportsman when my oldest son was born, he just turned 17 and I bought a 2002 WalkAround with 175 johnson. looking for anyone that can help me figure out how to empty the fish boxes as they were full of water/ice when I bought the boat. I cannot find any info online about this boat it is like they only produced in 2002 and destroyed any evidence that they did. I even contacted WellCraft directly and they had nothing either a lot of the records were destroyed or not archived do to the bankrupcies/ownerships changes at WellCraft.

any help or advise would be appreciated

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: New Member 2002 WalkAround HELP!!!

Postby CptBill » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:37 pm

The fish box should use a macerator pump to empty, should be a switch on the switch panel, finding and or replacing the macerator is another story. Welcome Aboard by the way
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Topic author
Cewoz

Postby Cewoz » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:44 am

CptBill wrote:Source of the post The fish box should use a macerator pump to empty, should be a switch on the switch panel, finding and or replacing the macerator is another story. Welcome Aboard by the way

Thanks that helps- did some searching found a pump just above my 2 cycle oil tank next to my water seperator the other day seems to go the a galvanized Y in the stern that allows a raw water wash down as well. of course i cannot turn the Y handle to switch from well to raw.
although i think this might not be for the bait boxes in the floor. i think that is for the livewell behind the helm. i need to get on the water and see if something works none of the switches on the helm activate this new pump I found- either its dead or knows there is no water to work.

thanks again-

CptBill
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck

Postby CptBill » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:59 am

Yep, live well & wash down same pump. Be careful some of this valves move electrically depending on which switch you push

JStokes
Vessel Info: 2003 270 Coastal

Postby JStokes » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:32 pm

Interesting. Just bought a 2003 270 Coastal that's been sitting for a while. When trying to test everything (or get stuff working), I noticed the raw water washdown works when flipping the toggle, but the toggle that says "bait well" does nothing. After tracing hoses, it looks like the raw water washdown and the livewell use the same pump off a Y-valve that is stuck (not to mention terribly located). So I will replace the Y-valve when I can get the model number off it (I'm not near the boat). But what on earth does the "bait well" switch do? Could there be a macerator pump on the drain? I see the macerator pump for the fish boxes (which does not work). Any advice is appreciated.

ty
Jim

CptBill
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck

Postby CptBill » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:47 pm

Yea, darn near everything on the boat is a challenge to get to. When I use my live well(bait well) switch the water stars to fill the live well which is directly behind the pilots chair, when I trough the wash down switch the wash down works and yes they use the same pump if they stop working I'll probable change it to a 2 pump system but for now I'm just going to say it's magic

CptBill
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck

Postby CptBill » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:52 pm

Oh and the live well(bait well is a gravity drain through a through hull. If your boat is not equipped with a live well then it's possible just a blank switch but on an 18 year old boat you can never tell what previous owners have added or removed

Topic author
Cewoz

Postby Cewoz » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:14 am

CptBill wrote:Source of the post Oh and the live well(bait well is a gravity drain through a through hull. If your boat is not equipped with a live well then it's possible just a blank switch but on an 18 year old boat you can never tell what previous owners have added or removed

i have a livewell switch and it gravity drains as you mentioned tested with a hose. i am hoping the macerator pump fills it as it should.
still the fish boxes in the floor seem to use the same pump? which if it fills the livewell and the live well is gravity drain it should drain teh bait boxes.

i guess we will see what happens

CptBill
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck

Postby CptBill » Sun May 02, 2021 2:59 pm

No. it should fill with the same pump as the wash down. Fish boxes in the floor drain with the macerator pump

Topic author
Cewoz

Postby Cewoz » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:31 am

Ok found the pump which is a washdown pump mod 4305-144 which says it will do the raw water and live well. I have yet to replace prob do in the off season. Have not found a macerator pump that will empty these bait boxes which are full of water from washing down the boat after use. Anyone have any ideas were this macerator pump would be?

Again wellcraft 2002 walk-around Ill try and add a pic if possible.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”