Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Finally got my Wellcraft

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
Sylvesterk
Vessel Info: 1989 210 Classic "Blue"
200 HP 305 Mercruiser Alpha 1
Grand Haven, MI

Finally got my Wellcraft

Postby Sylvesterk » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:59 pm

I have always been a fan of the late 80's Wellcraft boats. I specifically wanted a 24' Nova with twin small blocks and captain's choice. But then an '89 210 Classic just fell into my lap. The PO wanted out of it because he had upgraded his house, and with the extra home costs, he had to cut somewhere. Anyway, the Classic is mine now. She needs some work. I have a great canvas maker as a friend, so covers and seats will be pretty easy to handle. Some engine work was needed to get her running, and it still needs a bunch of cleaning! But this old boat is starting to come around. At this point, I am 2 weeks from the opening of my marina. I'm counting the days. I took possession of the boat very late in the season last year. I had enough time to run half a tank of gas through it before the marina closed up.

I have been buying parts and upgrades for it all winter. I'll be adding shore power, a new side scan sonar, new magnesium anodes (Lake Michigan boating), motor mounts, stereo, and lighting.

I am here because there a few parts that are proving to be terrible to find. I'll mention it here and then post in the parts section. The PO pulled on the port side front windshield. It shattered. He threw it all away! I finally found one from a 190 Classic, but it is an inch too narrow. I'd like to find the correct one for this boat. I also am struggling to find the sliding door that closes off the cabin. The PO's dad bought this boat brand new, but the PO doesn't know where the sliding door is! I have a lead on one, but the guy that is parting the boat out is hard to communicate with, and the door was supposed to be on its way to me on Monday, but here it is Friday and no response to my messages. So, I am looking for that plexiglass slider that was in only a couple of models and years of the Wellcraft. Any leads would be appreciated. I am going to resurrect this pretty old boat!

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: Finally got my Wellcraft

Postby CptBill » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:39 pm

Welcome Aboard, Pre 2008 Wellcraft boats are a P.I.A. to find OE parts for. Try places like Marine Connection Liquidators or Don's Marine Salvage or any other marine salvage yards you come across, that's your best hope. Good Luck
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

LMK
Vessel Info: 2003 270 Coastal
Twin 225 Yamaha

Postby LMK » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:01 pm

Good luck & welcome!!

Stuart
Vessel Info: 1986 190 classic Wellcraft

Postby Stuart » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:47 pm

do you have the windshield for the 190 still because that is what I am in need of

Stuart

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”