Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

ANTIGUA 265 CANVAS & INTERIOR HELP NEEDED

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
studioNYC
Vessel Info: 1989 WELLCRAFT ANTIGUA, SINGLE 454 7.4L engine. Red Exterior Stripe.

ANTIGUA 265 CANVAS & INTERIOR HELP NEEDED

Postby studioNYC » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:48 am

Greetings from barnacle central AKA Hudson River/NY. After owning the 'Greta Lotte' for six years and spending endless hrs maintaining her I would love to connect with this community to help answer a few things I was unable to resolve.

The 454 is running strong (I installed a through hull pickup + strainer after suffering overheating for the first 3 years....Bravoritis!), I have the mechanical systems sorted (fished the totally horrible 'Mercathode' through the tiny opening below the drive unit...what a silly design), lots of other broken parts (oil intercooler cap popped off, fun) and painful replacement (6-3 tall in engine compartment, good times).....here it comes:

Canvas: would love to get a new Bimini top utilizing the existing hardware, no luck whatsoever.

Cockpit Cover: Love it, use it for everything, now it is literally falling apart. How can I get a new beautiful cover like the 1989 original ?

Ugly White Foam on interior: it is terrible, foam did not age well. Any ideas how to update the omnipresent foam ceiling cover without removing everything and replacing in kind?

Thank you so much if you have an idea or dealt with these issues in the past, the Antigua is the elusive orphan child of Wellcraft, it does not get much coverage (if any).

~

Nik in 10567

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: ANTIGUA 265 CANVAS & INTERIOR HELP NEEDED

Postby CptBill » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:52 pm

Welcome, don't bother looking for OE stuff won't happen with a 33 year old boat. Find a local canvas shop and have them made in the colors of your choice. They might need to use the stuff you have now as a pattern so up there where you have to winterize it's probably best done in the cold months
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”