Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Noob boater just bought himself big project.

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
MikePeck
Vessel Info: 1990 3400 Gransport Twin 7.4L Bluewaters

Noob boater just bought himself big project.

Postby MikePeck » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:50 pm

Hello everyone. First time boat owner here ready to absorb all the knowledge that lies in the archives of this site. Wish me luck cuz I just bought a 1990 3400 Gran sport! Runs great for the relatively high hours it has (1300). I pretty much plan on redoing EVERYTHING over the next couple of years, while still keeping her ready and seaworthy for each season (so my wife and kids don’t kill me with nagging). Step one, stop the excessive leaks. Found each rudder leaking way more then just a drop here and there. So tightened those down but think the port side needs repacking. So I will be doing a search for that item as well as ordering all the anodes!
Ummm I guess thanks building this forum and for allowing me to be here
1990 Gran Sport 3400 Twin 7.4L Bluewaters

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: Noob boater just bought himself big project.

Postby CptBill » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:58 pm

Welcome Aboard, that's a lot of boat for a newbie, you'd do your self a big favor by by not only putting new packing in the rudders but also the prop shafts. Good Luck
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”