Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old Sunhatch 196 Project

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor), share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
Klaas-Jan
Vessel Info: Wellcraft Sunhatch 196

Old Sunhatch 196 Project

Postby Klaas-Jan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:57 pm

Good evening!

My name is Klaas-Jan, and I have recently bought a Sunhatch 196 which needs a lot of attention to get it in good condition again.
As I am from Europe, it is quite an "unique" boat over here, which made me sign up for this forum so I can find more information about the boat I am planning to restore. My guess is that it is a 1979 or 1980 model.

A few pictures of the advertisement, and the situation it is in right now.

IMG_5503.JPG

IMG_5496.JPG

IMG_5495.JPG

IMG_7062.JPG

ABPE4101.JPG

If you can suggest any other Sunhatch owner profiles it would be quite helpful as I need to rebuild it completely!

With best regards,

Klaas-Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: Old Sunhatch 196 Project

Postby CptBill » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Welcome Aboard! Hope all is well across the pond. That is a nice looking boat, great lines much like the Nova series from the 80s... good luck I'd like to see the finished product :up:
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Return to “The Project Center”