Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New Windshield Wiper Install

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor), share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
Amclaurin
Vessel Info: 2003 Wellcraft Coastal 250

New Windshield Wiper Install

Postby Amclaurin » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:09 pm

Hi All,
New to the group. Looking for input on a wiper install. Any ideas on brands, any problems etc. There are currently no wipers. Plan on doing it myself. Thanks!

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: New Windshield Wiper Install

Postby CptBill » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:51 pm

First , Welcome Aboard. There are 3 brands of wiper systems that I know of, Sea Fit, Marinco & Imtra, I don't know one to be any better than the other but you do have to know what shaft length you need( where your mounting it will determine that, ether windshield frame or hull)then you need to determine how long the wiper arm and blade need to be. As far as mounting goes I'm pretty sure there's a video out there and the kits come with instructions. I don't Know how much rain your going to boat in but for me I find that I stand up and open my little ensign glass flap and keep a rag handy to wipe off my glasses cause if I sit down and try to look out the little spot cleared by the wiper I can't see crap. I us rain-x or a good wax on the windshields on both boats and I find that works better than any wiper, but that's just me.
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Topic author
Amclaurin
Vessel Info: 2003 Wellcraft Coastal 250

Re: New Windshield Wiper Install

Postby Amclaurin » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:05 pm

CptBill wrote:First , Welcome Aboard. There are 3 brands of wiper systems that I know of, Sea Fit, Marinco & Imtra, I don't know one to be any better than the other but you do have to know what shaft length you need( where your mounting it will determine that, ether windshield frame or hull)then you need to determine how long the wiper arm and blade need to be. As far as mounting goes I'm pretty sure there's a video out there and the kits come with instructions. I don't Know how much rain your going to boat in but for me I find that I stand up and open my little ensign glass flap and keep a rag handy to wipe off my glasses cause if I sit down and try to look out the little spot cleared by the wiper I can't see crap. I us rain-x or a good wax on the windshields on both boats and I find that works better than any wiper, but that's just me.

Thanks CptBill, This will be the year of trial. I’m all for the functional inexpensive rout. I’ll give both your suggestions a try. I’m out here in the PNW so rain is something we deal with. That said i was just sitting in the boat this afternoon and was thinking about what to do for the ensign glass. Like you said the windshield is only part of our field of view, not to mention i stand a good portion of the time.

Return to “The Project Center”