Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

my new project

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor), share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
dieseldan5
Vessel Info: 1987 32 coastal project . The boat has a full tower and outriggers. I am in the process on installing new 454,s till my diesels are built.I am designing and building two diesels for this boat. I bought this boat as a project boat and i am going to bring her back to her former glory.

my new project

Postby dieseldan5 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:42 pm

1987 32 coastal love this boat .Ill be bringing her back to her glory
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
dieseldan5
Vessel Info: 1987 32 coastal project . The boat has a full tower and outriggers. I am in the process on installing new 454,s till my diesels are built.I am designing and building two diesels for this boat. I bought this boat as a project boat and i am going to bring her back to her former glory.

Re: my new project

Postby dieseldan5 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:21 pm

I am st
8ef1fcf0d1e830d49e7995462d525727.jpg
arting to get her cleaned up a bit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WBO Admin
Site Admin

Postby WBO Admin » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:07 am

Looking good, Dan. Keep the updates coming!

mikem8560
Vessel Info: 95 coastal 2600

Postby mikem8560 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:49 am

looks like a great boat Dan I also have brough a boat back im almost there with only unimportant thing to replav=ce like wiper motors and stove fridge ect. please post pics of your progress

Topic author
dieseldan5

Postby dieseldan5 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:18 pm

I am into the dis assembly phase and I have found some very interesting things. Someone has installed carpet behind the bridge panels and is all rotten so i had to remove all the panels to remove the carpet. This will all get painted with awlgrip. I found that someone replaced the waste tank and installed it under a piece of plywood [not marine] and the install blocked the weep holes and the engine area could not drain. This caused the water to sit in the engine room and rot the stingers. yea i am going to replace the stringers as well. I have decided to redo all the systems in the engine room so I will not have any issues there. I will also remove the fuel tanks and check and see what awaits me.

mikem8560

Postby mikem8560 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:09 pm

any more progress?

Topic author
dieseldan5

Postby dieseldan5 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:34 pm

I have to resize some pics but I am cleaning the engine room and getting rid of a lot of not so good repairs.I removed the side panels from the bride area and cleaned out all the carpet behind there. I am going to use the space for life jackets and throw life rings.

Topic author
dieseldan5

Postby dieseldan5 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:38 pm

We are in the middle of a two week rain and super high tides. so working on her is limited. I am also keeping a close eye on this hurricane that may come this way

mikem8560

Postby mikem8560 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:13 pm

we had some high tides last month also due to the blood moon but nothing like the flooding I saw on tv you all had

Topic author
dieseldan5

Postby dieseldan5 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:42 pm

I know i have not been on lately but the work has not stopped. I have clean the hull and found the gelcoat very thin so as soon as the weather breaks I will prep her for paint. the stringer,s are coming along nicely and I will be done with those late spring.I have removed the fuel tanks to clean and inspect. I will also paint the tanks to prevent any corrosion .

Return to “The Project Center”