Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Excalibur 30 Cat

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor), share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
cat-man-do
Vessel Info: 1986 Excalibur 30 Cat, Antigua, West Indies

Excalibur 30 Cat

Postby cat-man-do » Wed May 07, 2014 11:09 am

I will be embarking on a major structural project of this boat this summer. It has had several repairs over its life time, most of which have failed and/or are poorly made. The interior structure was previously rebuilt between the forward bulkhead in the bow and main engine space bulkhead by someone that did not know much about boat building. A good portion of it has simply let go from the hull due to poor preparation and substandard materials. Other parts have failed due to improper joints and a lack of reinforcement in the right areas.

The repairs were altered so much from original that I would like to find out the original structural layout to research and make a proper plan for repair. A source for construction drawings, or a repairer whom specializes in Wellcrafts, or an old hand from the factory, etc. is what I am looking for. Preliminary searching for a good source has not been successful as I understand this model saw a very limited production run (between 1984-1986?) and the original design (possibly molds) came from elsewhere. I have made a couple of "cold call" emails to Wellcraft regarding this but haven't had a response.

Any help in finding a source would be appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/utrib2jb3riq6f9/IMG_3053.jpg

Return to “The Project Center”