Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Adding Storage under V-berth seats-Coastal 218

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor), share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
4hand
Vessel Info: 1994 218 Coastal with 225 HP Evinrude OB

Adding Storage under V-berth seats-Coastal 218

Postby 4hand » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Anyone have any suggestions for cutting out panels in the v-berths for extra storage, or is the space too small due to the hull curve inwards to make it worthwhile ? Also found a disconnected and completely rusted out horn under the helm panel laying on the floor. Where does the replacement go ? The instruction book that came with it is a general guide for Wellcraft boats of that year. Is there a specific book for the Coastal 218 and if so where can one get it ? After I get used to this site, I will try to put forth some other questions. Please direct me to the proper place for some of these answers and maybe to the proper thread to ask them. I am looking forward to getting some answers from the Wellcraft owners and thanks in advance.

goodday
Vessel Info: 1999 2600 Mart. 5.7 bravo3

Re: Adding Storage under V-berth seats-Coastal 218

Postby goodday » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Lots of times those are foam filled areas

Topic author
4hand
Vessel Info: 1994 218 Coastal with 225 HP Evinrude OB

Re: Adding Storage under V-berth seats-Coastal 218

Postby 4hand » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:00 pm

I guess I will just have to unscrew the upper boards and see what gives. Thanks.

Return to “The Project Center”