Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2003 Wellcraft Coastal 250

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Oscar
Vessel Info: Boat model: Coastal 290
Year: 2000
Motor: n. 2 outboard Yamaha 250 (year 2008)
Port: Alghero - Sardinia island (Italy)

Re: 2003 Wellcraft Coastal 250

Postby Oscar » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:50 am

CptBill wrote:Ok here's what I found, It wasn't the windshield or the hard top mounting it is the portholes at least on mine. 3 of the port holes on mine have small cracks, 1 in the head witch puts water on the sink counter and aft cabin and the 2 port side that put water on the V berth area that put water in one storage area and on the cabin floor under the stairs. I'll see if I can remember how to post pics20190819_100124.jpg20190819_100107.jpg20190819_100137.jpg20190819_100150.jpg

Hi to all and Hi to CptBill,
I have the same issue on my Coastal 290 since several years,
Please, do you know and can you provide me informations on portholes: make, model and exact dimensions of the portholes if possible? This in order to identify were I can find replace parts in advance to dismounting the portholes.
I tried to dismount one porthole starting from the inside but I wasn't able and I think it is necessary to start from the outside.
Can you confirm it? Do you have some suggestion or link to video that can help me?
Many thanks in advance for any kind of help. Oscar.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Postby CptBill » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:25 am

Here's what to do first, remove the trim ring from the inside and measure the size of the opening. The portholes are glued in place on the outside the the trim ring is screwed on from the inside(at least that's how mine where) Yours is a 2000 model year so it can have 2-3 different brands of portholes mine where Bomar which are still made but once you have the size of the opening you can install anything that will fit or you can modifications to the opening.
Lots of stuff on line just type on porthole replacement or portlight replacement. I ordered mine from west marine
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Oscar
Vessel Info: Boat model: Coastal 290
Year: 2000
Motor: n. 2 outboard Yamaha 250 (year 2008)
Port: Alghero - Sardinia island (Italy)

Postby Oscar » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:30 am

Many thanks CptBill.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”