Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Listing to starboard

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
tcianfrogna
Vessel Info: 1998 coastal 240. 225 Evinrude Oceanpro

Listing to starboard

Postby tcianfrogna » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:04 pm

Hello. I have a 1998 coastal 240. For whatever reason, when either docked or moving, the boat has a list to the starboard. There is no visible water in the transom, and it lists even after I run the bilge until dry. Looking for something that I may be overlooking. I recently purchased the boat, so I haven't had it out of the water yet to inspect the hull bottom, which will take place in October.
The boat doesn't appear to be getting worse, does not take on an unusual amount of water, and does not have a freshwater system. Thank you.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: Listing to starboard

Postby CptBill » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:47 am

I would start looking at things like fresh water tank, holding tank, fish box, storage compartments. Seems like it should be something simple, don't over look anything thinking it can't be that or I already checked that.
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Keith28
Vessel Info: 2002, wellcraft 24 WA Hardtop

Postby Keith28 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:59 am

Did you find the cause. I have a 2002 24 WA and have the same issue. I was looking at two batteries in the starboard battery compartment as contributors. I also want to fill up the fresh water tank (Port side) next season and see if that has any effect. I also will check the waist tank (Sbt Side). I wont be addressing till the spring since I'm in the northeast. Any help will be appreciated I will let you know when I find out of feel free to reach out if I forget.
Thanx Keith

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Postby Billm » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:21 pm

It may be normal. Look at the weight distribution. Helm station is on the starboard side. And you said two batteries. What about refrigerator, galley, equipment storage? They all add weight to one side or the other. Can you level the boat with trim tabs when underway? Who cares if it lists when at the dock.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”