Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Operation of electric engine hatch

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
RBarkman
Vessel Info: 2001 2800 Martinque

Operation of electric engine hatch

Postby RBarkman » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:03 pm

I recently purchased a 2001 2800 Martinique cruiser. I want to remove the batteries for winter storage. How do I close the electric engine hatch once I remove the batteries from the engine compartment? One the other hand If the batteries die with the hatch closed how do I open it? I have looked for some type of release or access to a release. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Wess
Vessel Info: 2002 Martinique 3300

Re: Operation of electric engine hatch

Postby Wess » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:59 pm

My 2 cents is to pull the pin and lower the hatch manually. I live in FL so it's not a problem but that's the way I would do it. I can't imagine all the batteries dying at once. I would start the motors and use the power off the alternator or start your generator if you have one to raise and lower it. I have an 02 Martinique 3300. I hope that answers your question, I don't know your exact set up. I have 3 batteries in my engine compartment. 1 for each motor and one for the generator.

Bt Doctur
Vessel Info: in between vessels

Re: Operation of electric engine hatch

Postby Bt Doctur » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:46 pm

locate the hatch motors wiring , usually just 2 motor wires. direction obtained by reversing the polarity. Splice in some 12Ga wire and run it to a convenient location above deck.Bolts mounted to a plexi block, etc

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”