Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1985 210 Elite

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
freestylemoto
Vessel Info: 1985 WellCraft 210 Elite

1985 210 Elite

Postby freestylemoto » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:07 pm

Hello All,

New to this forum and the boat community in general. I picked up a 1985 (manufactured in 1984) WellCraft 210 Elite with a 260 Mercruiser SN: A309941/ Rochester Quadrajet Carb (17080561- 2364), from my boss for $500 ( Bartered labor hours with him instead of cash so basically no money out of pocket yet........). Not sure what kind of shape the stringers are in the floor is mosly solid with a few softer spots near the lower sleeper section entry ( its been left outside uncovered for about 5 years so who the hell knows. Charged both batteries up and was just going through some tests make sure electrical components work. It seems like the trim system is working up and down (thank god he had a ratchet strap under the out drive to support it all those years).all the elictrical seems to be working motor turns over but havent got around to changing oil/ fuel filters yet. also havent got around to filling it up with fuel either(didnt know if i needed to flush to the tank or what). Supposedly he had tooken it out at some time said everything was fine exept the fact that the bilge pump had to stay on to keep pumping water out due to leak somewhere he says it was in the outdrive seal im not to familiar with the setup. Im trying to find some sort of information on this boat, like a service manual or even an owners manual for that matter. Starting to think one does not exist but thats hard to believe. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would at least get me going on were to start with this thing.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: 1985 210 Elite

Postby CptBill » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:48 pm

Get a Sealoc or Chilton or something like that for that year Merc. sounds like it could be bellows, or transom seal but the only way your going to find out is to put it in the water and look and please don't water in the boat to see where it leaks out
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Topic author
freestylemoto
Vessel Info: 1985 WellCraft 210 Elite

Postby freestylemoto » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:21 am

Thanks for the reply so I imagine theres no "owners manual" for the boat i guess its just general knowledge.
I guess i will have to test the bilge pump first before i put it in the water. Dont want a boat that wont float lol.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Postby CptBill » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:48 pm

If you can find an empty ramp you can leave it on the trailer
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

colby65
Vessel Info: Julius

Postby colby65 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:22 am

Wellcraft actually did a darn good job on those stringers and bulkheads. Note the radiused edge on the tops of them and how the glass is laid up nice and tight, you don't see that from the factory on these other boats. The stringer and bulkhead tops are square and the glass cloth is just draped over everything with huge voids between the glass and wood and it looks like absolute refried rat crap.

Really and truly I have to say that exposure is what did your boat in. They could've done a little more thorough job glassing your deck support in... but you got a Rolls Royce job compared to the others I've seen on here

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”